Catch up with what our project groups have been doing in these challenging times of weather extremes and a global pandemic. It’s good to hear that TDEG is going strong and working hard to make a positive difference for future generations. A big thank you to everyone involved in this work – every little helps!
(Unfortunately our meeting on Wednesday 1st April has been postponed but I look forward to seeing you later in the year. )
Claire McKenzie, Communications Lead (email: email@example.com).
What’s been happening?
TDEG Steering Group:
- The secretary role is now shared between Andrea and Alice, and Claire has taken on the communications role, which includes liaising with the Village Voice. Thanks to all.
- Thank you to Sheelagh for greeting people at the door at our last meeting, which encouraged donations to cover our costs.
- Plans for a website are underway, with a tender agreed by the steering group, but funding needs to be sourced. Great work there from Lynn and Richard.
- Ruth Strange from Ethical Consumer magazine will be talking about sustainable clothing at our June meeting following our AGM. This will be followed at some point by a clothes swap/sale event.
Tideswell Parish Council/TDEG Working Group:
A few quick bullet points from Monday’s TPC meeting (9 March 2020)
- The PC approved the following phrase to be included in the current and future editions of Climate Change newsletter: “Tideswell Parish Council supports the aims of TDEG”.
- They will instruct the new village caretaker to purchase environmentally sustainable cleaning products from Eyre’s and sanction any increase in costs.
- PC members have planted 3 wildlife-friendly trees (1x rowan & 2x bird cherry) along the verge to Wheston to replace the 3 conifers taken down at the War Memorial garden.
- The PC has approved the village gardener’s (Janine Morris) suggestion to plant wildflowers along the Cliffe bank.
To see our individual project groups updates in April, visit each project group page. (Use the links below.)