Our aim is to promote and support cycling in our local area.
We know cycling is one of the most sustainable forms of transport. Cycling is better for the environment in terms of air quality, noise, resource use and our carbon footprint. But cycling should also be fun, inspiring and accessible to everyone. So how can we best share our love of cycling, expertise and support in our local area?
We have lots of ideas – but we need your help! So whether you are a cycling enthusiast already, or keen to start cycling again – join us on the TDEG web page – here.
Things we are hoping to do –
- Offer bicycle health checks/basic repair services via TDEG’s Repair Cafe.
- Establish a network of local cycling enthusiasts and experts, who can be consulted for route ideas and equipment advice.
- Make a community bicycle repair kit available to Tideswell residents and visitors in a central village location, for free use by anyone in need – coming soon, thanks to a Tideswell Parish Council endorsed grant from the village’s former COVID-19 support group, Tideswell Cares.
- Develop connections with other related groups in the wider area and national organisations such as Cycling UK, to raise awareness about wider initiatives locally and voice our community’s ideas and concerns more broadly.
What would help you and your family cycle more?
We would like to find out what additional developments would be of most value to you. Would you be interested in:
- bicycle maintenance training workshops
- cycling confidence sessions
- group rides
- engagement with local schools in relation to cycling proficiency and/or bicycle maintenance
- cycling advocacy work focused on issues of particular local concern?
Or are there any other initiatives which would make it easier for you and your family to enjoy cycling?
Watch out for our new Cycling Survey – coming soon!
Are you interested?
- Sign up to our local network of cycling enthusiasts/experts, to support others in gaining cycling confidence, on the TDEG Join Us web page, here .
- Find us at TDEG’s new Repair Cafe – the cycle repair expert will be at the June and July sessions (3rd Saturday in every month, 10am-2pm). Bring your bike along for basic bicycle repairs/maintenance advice.
- Let us know your cycling ideas or concerns, to help us develop what the group offers and represent local views.
- Ask us about bike exchange possibilities – if you have a bike you no longer need or you are looking for a bike, we might be able to link you up with someone you can help or who can help you.
Find out more and email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Tideswell and District Environment Group Facebook group to share information about other cycling initiatives, events and opportunities, or to contribute to community discussions about cycling, or broader TDEG activities.